Friday 24 June 2011

Pretty Colours

Pretty colours.  That is what I am playing with.  

I spent a good part of the afternoon digging through the stash for a particular red, the Ruby skeins of Cascade 220.  I had a strong feeling that it was the perfect red for with this funky sock mix.   

I may have to find one more skein.  Even with my recent 'gee I hardly used any yarn' experiences, I am pretty sure I can't make the back and two long sleeves with a mere 600 metres of yarn.  I think it is going to take just a little more.  

I have been trying to figure out how I can use some of the mixed yarn on the back and the sleeves. I know that I can use some on the ribbing, but I don't think that will make enough of a difference. 

Anyway, I have a little time to ponder it.  Knitting isn't going to happen till much later.  Its weeding day at the garden and that is going to take a while.  With the recent rains we have had, a very good long while.        

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

My first - and too fast- read through thought you said - Wedding Day In The Garden! weeding is so much less fun. Love your colours. You have such a good eye for colour combos.