Tuesday, 31 May 2011

A change of plans

You Know that rust yarn I have been working into the teal?  Its out.

Now that I have the sleeves done and can try it on again, I realized there is just not enough yarn in one skein to do what I need it to do.  So yesterday, I went scouting through the vast stash, looking for something else that would work, something that I had in greater quantities.  

I think I found it.  
It doesn't have the punch of the rusty orange, but it looks good with teal.  

I've just finished the sleeves and am about to start working on the rest of the body. First things first, will be a wider stripe just at the upper bust (It looks best when it doesn't hit right at the widest part of your bust). Next a series of narrower stripes through the body of the sweater.  The change in stripes gives shape and form and will I hope suit.  

If it doesn't work, there is one other option but that would mean reknitting the whole darn thing.  I'm not ready to give up just yet.  

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I think I prefert his muted taupe over the rsuty red. SOmetimes low key works better, and the teal is bright enough on it's own. Nice choice.