Thursday 17 February 2011

From Genius to Regular

After spending days with the biography of Einstein, and contemplating grand things, I back to the far more regular things that I know so well.  

I finished another pair of socks last night. Finished but for heels.  I will do the heels this morning but they are pretty much done. (Photos another day) This was the last of the 4 pairs hanging out in my WIP pile that I wanted to clear up before the end of the year.  

I'm working through my list of WIPs that I wanted done but it is taking up all my knitting time.  It feels good to finish stuff up, to start to feel like I am making headway in the mess. It is a load off my mind.

Because I am doing so well, I have given myself permission to start one new thing.  I'd like a summer top, a polo t shirt type top.  Or maybe a tank.  I don't know, but it is time to do a little knitting I can wear for summer.  

Looking at summer yarns means digging into a different part of the stash.  The cotton and other summery light yarns hide at my feet, behind my desk on the big bookcase under the window.  When I take them out, just like when I take out the wools, it fills up the floor.   

I am telling you this just in case you don't hear from me for a day or so.  If you don't hear from me, likely you will find me at the bottom of a pile of yarns.  

Please dig me out.


1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Plus ten here today. I can understand you thinking about a summer top.