Tuesday 3 August 2010

Weekend stuff

A long weekend ought to have certain things to make it perfect.

Good weather? Check

Good food? Check

Good company?  Check

Good knitting?  Check

All of these things came to be, and it was perfect. Even the knitting. 

I knit a wee scarf this weekend.  I'll show you that tomorrow.  I have to think about it a little.  I have some conflicted feelings about it.

I knit on the Satsuma Monkey Socks.  So close yet so far away.  I will finish these up this week.

And I knit on the blue sweater.  I almost had the 'button band' (in quotation marks because there will be no buttons) done and then decided that it could be better.  So I pulled that apart and made it better.


See?  Better.  Originally it started with reverse garter stitch right up against the fabric of the sweater front.  It lacked definition.  The band came off, and was reknit with stockinette first, then a band of reverse stockinette.  There will be another repeat of this and it will be finished off with a stockinette band which will roll most pleasingly.  I hope.  

No comments: