Saturday 31 July 2010

Early Morning


Last evening, on the way home from work, I popped in a different cd.  This doesn't happen very often  I seem to be content with whatever is in the player, but I had been doing a quick tour of my divas on cd this last week - Bette Midler ( I love Miss Otis Regrets and Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy is my kind of music) and yes, Celine Dion for whom I have sort of love hate relationship.  Love to sing with it, but I cannot just listen to it). 

It was a very long time since I popped the Mozart in the player.  A very, very long time.  Though I have always loved his work. It is full of such energy.  It is the absolute best music to clean by (Direct imaginary orchestras with my duster wand?  Why yes.  Yes I do.)  Perhaps it is that Mozart was such a young man when he wrote his masterworks.  Perhaps it is because he was a bit of a stinker, but no matter.  Mozart is morning music. 


See what I mean?  This is music that will pierce even a teenage boys deep slumber.  And it keeps at it.  There are those delicate parts where it gets so soft that it sounds like the whisper of angel wings, but then along comes that piercing urgency.  Morning music for the sluggish at heart.

But the wonder of Mozart is that not only did he write peppy morning music, he wrote morning music for those mornings just like today.  

As the sun was rising this morning, it caught the gentle puffs of clouds and tinted them a soft and dainty cotton candy pink, light as the air clouds live in and just as sweet.  Perfection was the gentle blue behind it all.  This is music for mornings so lovely it hurts to breathe.   


It wakes you and gives joy to a pink and blue morning and with great delicacy, it sets you on your way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"As the sun was rising this morning, it caught the gentle puffs of clouds and tinted them a soft and dainty cotton candy pink, light as the air clouds live in and just as sweet. Perfection was the gentle blue behind it all."

Beautiful writing. GD