Tuesday 24 August 2010

To the End

I have to confess.  I'm ready to be done with the colour work on this sweater.  The rose was starting to feel a little tedious.  I really wanted to get it done yesterday, but no go.  I went to bed with rows to do.  This morning I got up early and took it to the end.  

Icelandic roses have bloomed.



It is kind of a relief to be knitting with just one strand of yarn.  Faster for sure.  The rest will be plain knitting, though I am going to knit a couple rows with the dark gray, followed by the same number (maybe) of the soft brown.  

This plain section is going to have its own challenges. The bulk of the decreases happen right in there, and I don't want to get so caught up in knitting that I forget to knit 2 together when I am supposed to.  

It occurred to me late last evening, and early this morning is how much I am looking forward to this sweater being done. And it really has nothing to do with knitting.  

It went down to 7C last night, and 3C at the airport just outside the city proper.  

Yup, I am really looking forward to getting this sweater done.  Sweater weather is here.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

The roses are lovely. Your colour choice is so subtle and beautiful.