Friday 6 August 2010

Friday is for...

There has not been a lot of knitting this week.  I'm a little miffed about that.  I don't know what it is about summer evening breezes and soft summer mornings, but there just doesn't seem to be a lot of knitting around here.  

Or maybe it is the lack of focus on getting one thing done!    

Actually I am distracted by other things in life.  I am trying to send a package to my daughter in law, and have been trying to find things that are distinctly Canadian.  And things that say how much we miss her and can't wait till she gets here.  

But like all things Canadian, it is a little hard to say what is distinctly Canadian beyond the coffee and the beer.  I can't show them to you because I want it to be a surprise and she might check out this blog. So suffice it to say I am mired in all things Canadian.  

When I am mired, in order to keep sane, I listen to distracting music. Usually there are no words, no singing.  It is easer to mired when there are no words in the music to muddy things up.  So that is about all I have for you today.  I love this particular soft section of Handel's Water Music and this particular performance.  


Close your eyes and listen.  It soothes away all the busy uncaring minutes of the day and then more brightly and determined, sets you on your way.

No comments: