Wednesday 21 July 2010

I've got the Blues


ooooo, doowap, shebop a doowap (imagine really bad singing here)  

I am knitting away on the Blue Sweater.  One sleeve done and the other on the way.

 You can see the simultaneous set in sleeve and its crisp neat line.  I debated the finish all the way down the sleeve and decided on a neat band of garter stitch.  It seems to suit the yarn.

That is really what I wanted to write about this morning.  The yarn.  

The yarn is Artesanal from Aslan Trends. It is a blend of alpaca, cotton and nylon.  It really is the nicest stuff.  It is soft and yet full of body.  At this gauge (5 stitches to an inch) it drapes marvelously.  


It has a nice tweedy look.  Little flecks of white cotton among soft strands of blue. In some ways this little cardigan is going to look very dressy, the sort of thing you could wear to a fine dinner and not feel out of place among ladies with the designer names on their backs, but is also casual.  There is something rustic and yet refined about the look of this.    Jeans and fancy black dress.

I'd like to finish the second sleeve this evening, but sense must reign, and I will work on the second Satsuma sock.  Everything else is almost ready, and it is only the sock that is going to slow things down.  I'll let me knit the sleeve tomorrow.  

No comments: