Friday 25 June 2010

A stunning development

After knitting past the heel of the first Monkey sock, I ripped it back.  Only a small child could have gotten that tight little socklet on its foot.  

I started again.  Much better this time.  Softer, stretchier.  Just right.  I hope.  Last night I reknit past the heel.  

And then I ripped it back.  

I had dropped a stitch on the heel flap and fixed it, but it just wasn't right. It worked but it wasn't good looking knitting.  Two heel flaps knit and not a pair of socks to show for it.  Sigh. 

 I made an executive decision.  I am going to knit my normal, standard easy heel.  Afterthought.  Here I come. It will allow me to fix what was a rather wide heel to be one much more suited to the wearer.  Suddenly it has all become much more fun.  

You can see the stitch definition much more clearly in the first photo, but the colour is so wrong.  This gratuitous second picture is just for colour.  

Satsuma.  Lorna's Laces.  Seriously fine.   


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, when I saw this, I thought I should knit Monkey socks, because I've never knit them before. Then, as I was getting to the lace pattern, I realized I HAVE knit them before, because I put the pattern into a word doc because the pattern on the web splits it across pages...this is a sure sign of being old!

Sue