Wednesday 16 June 2010

EZ Done

I cast off the EZ sweater last night. It was late, but I did a quick try on. Pleasing but for the sleeves.  Big sleeves.  Very big sleeves.  Kimono sleeves.  I could make them longer, but they need to be narrower rather than longer.  I could do a quick cuff to tighten it up, but the sleeves would become perilously long.  Did I mention that I have a stubby body?  Stubby arms.  Stubby legs.  Stubby feet. (Stubby brain?)    

I'm going to set it aside for a couple days, then block it and finish it, and will then decide what to do about it.  I may steek the sleeves  narrower to get a little better fit.  Next time the sleeve sections cast on will have fewer stitches.

The yarn isn't ideal to steek, with its low wool content, but there you have it.  Something has to be done.  Possibly a twill tape to reinforce the seam?  Anybody have any ideas?

As I said, I was up late.  Now I am up early when I really planned on sleeping in a little.  A dog was barking at something out in the bush from 3:30 onward so I am just a mite cranky this morning. In order not to spread my unseemly crankiness, I am going to go find a sock to knit.  A plain ordinary sock with no controversy. 

No comments: