Thursday 18 March 2010

Pete and Repeat

You remember the old joke about Pete and Repeat?  

"Pete and Repeat were on a boat.  Pete fell out so who was left?"

The answer of course is Repeat.  Kids are compelled to repeat it and so begins the giggling and laughter, till the other guy figures it out or remembers the joke from his childhood.  

I haven't thought of that in a long long time.  Here I sit, beginning to work on the second sleeve and I can't help wondering if the second sleeve is the universes little joke.

Smart knitters would have marked the first sleeve at each decrease, and would have written down how many stitches one had at the start and how many one had at the end.  Smart knitters take notes.  

I am not a smart knitter.  I tried it once, but as I recall, it hurt, so I stopped doing it.  

I'm did some forensic work last night at knitting and I think I know what to do, but I fear that the joke will be on me.

No comments: