Thursday 1 October 2009

The faster I go...

the behinder I get.

I know I ought to stop complaining, but it just seems like complete days are missing. Maybe weeks. Sigh.

I went shopping the other day for a new winter coat. I'm not looking for a heavy warm, outdoor activity coat right now. What I need is a wear to work sort of coat, a 'Sunday coat'.

(To explain that farm kid term, when I was a kid, we used to have complete wardrobes for Sunday. Dresses, gloves, fall winter and summer coats, stockings and yes, even when I was very young, hats to match. We also had 'school clothes' and we had what you changed into when you got home. Now my wardrobe seems to consist of work clothes - Sunday is more casual and work clothes double as Sunday clothes - and what best qualifies as painting clothes You know, those things that you would not want your best friend to catch you dead in and really only have value as something to paint in that you don't have to worry about getting splattered) An entire blog item as digression. Sorry. That is not where I was going with this.

My only winter coat will be fine for outdoor activities, but it really isn't up to snuff as a coat to wear to work. To cut to the chase, I went shopping.

Anyway, I was out shopping (I did find a really great coat) and noticed something that will make the heart of shawl knitter's everywhere dance in delight.

There be shawls there. Tons and tons of shawls. Big wide wraps in soft light fabrics. there were wraps in cables, knit from a factory. there were super wide long scarves, that could double as wraps in a pinch, and there was even a lone triangle wrap of enormous size.

Knitters go forth and finish those shawls. Make more. You are rich in the hottest fashion trend on the horizon.

1 comment:

Mrs. Spit said...

There was, in Saks 5th Ave, no word of a lie, a designer scarf, knit in garter stitch, chunky yarn on size 12 needles, that cost $500.

Where can I sign up for that gig?