Monday 26 October 2009

Come Monday, it will be all right.

Alrighty then, this sleeping till 7:30  thing is quite decadent.  Nice, but really decadent feeling.
My knitting this weekend was severely limited by work.  We all know how this is, but darn, it seems like I got nothing done.  Yet, I did.

I knit a lot on a gift sock.  I knit a little on the ongoing bright socks, and I started one new little thing.  The new thing is a Pretty Thing.  



There are upmteen tiny balls of delicate things around the store.  Angora. Pure cashmere. Silk. Each delicate little ball has significantly less than 200 metres, so it can be hard to find little things to do with them and only a few hearty souls will invest in them in quantity.  I'm on a small projects kick and though I'd give this a try.

The yarn is a very brightly coloured Louisa Harding Kimono Angora.  It is the softest thing I have worked with in my life.  Its is almost too bright, but my coat is black and it is getting to be the silly season.  The time is right for it.  The ball of yarn says only 125 metres, so I may have to abbreviate it a little, but I think it will still be fine with just one ball.  Or at least I hope so.  The pattern is exactly as advertised.  Pretty.  Easy, and overall, pretty.  I can see more of these in my future.

It is going to be a very busy week here at Chez Needles.  Sally Melville is going to be in town for a couple of days of classes, and instead of my ususal sloth and knitting on a Tuesday, I will be deep in the art of knitting with a master.

No comments: