Thursday 13 August 2009

When the knitting is in the drivers seat.

There are times when the knitting is in the drivers seat, when no matter what I do, how much I knit, how many hours I put into a thing, the knitting isn't getting done till it is darn good and ready to get done. I'm still working on the little green shawl. It looks exactly like it did the other day. I'd really hoped to be done by now. I know exactly how the bind off will be when I bind it off, I know exactly what part of the colour sequence I'll end at. I know what I am going to do to add a little more weight to the bottom edge of this very light and airy shawl.

Only it is taking an inordinate amount of knitting time to get there. The knitting will finish when this piece of knitting wants to be finished. Or something like that. But it will happen today. I told it so. One way or another.

Threatening the knitting. A new low.



No comments: