Friday 14 August 2009

Friday finishing

Here I am again with wonderful things. Friday is a day of finishing, and it feels very good. Blocking. Next step wearing and I hope to be doing that this afternoon. It is chilly here.

I wish there would have been just a little more dark green along the bottom edge to anchor it visually, but having put myself into the hands of Mr. Noro, and with metres running short for the edging, I knew it was not to be.


When that was finished, I picked up the mystery shawl. I am right where I planned to be, waiting for a clue, the final clue. It is the very first clue I'm waiting for and it is good to feel ahead of the game for a change.

I have not blocked any of it, though I could have I suppose. I think I'm looking forward to the revelation of the complete shawl as much as I am enjoying the knitting.

The lovely Shoalwater Shawl is waiting to be blocked. It is the blocking queue as it were, and that will be on the boards as soon as the green shawl is dry.

In the mean time, I'm going to get at the baby sweater again, and hope to get that moved along and close to finished before Monday rears it head. Or maybe the vest for Mr. Needles. Or maybe a pair of socks. And somewhere I have a pair of Maine Morning mittens that I'll be needing soon enough. The WIP project basket is deep and I'm still feeling the strong urge to settle in for winter and finish things up. Best take advantage of that while I can.




1 comment:

Sigrun said...

The Noro shawl just gets better and better. CAn't wait for the mystery shawl revealed.