Tuesday 18 August 2009

A good cup of coffee.

I wrote a screed this morning about how much I hate my husbands 'hard to get rid of the alarm' wristwatch, but I deleted all of it, because it didn't make me feel sweet or nice or cheerful or anything. It just made me hate the darn watch more.

That really isn't any way to feel at the beginning of the day. Heck it isn't any way to feel in any part of the day, so I am resetting myself and I will start cheerful.

I'm going to go make a good cup of coffee, with some fresh ground Ethiopian coffee beans and I will sip that while I contemplate happy things, look through some books I have borrowed (including some of those really nifty Japanese stitch dictionaries borrowed from a co-worker) and just putter this morning away. Then I will go to town and have a superior coffee with some knitting buddies, get groceries and run errands, then home where I might just make myself another cup of coffee.

I'm going to need all this caffeine so I' be properly awake at 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 o'clock, when the watch wakes me with its miserable hourly alarm, so I can take it from the bedside table, go outside, and throw it as far as I can.

Like I said. Think cheerful thoughts. Its a way better way to start the day.

1 comment:

Mrs. Spit said...

Got a 5 pound mallet? That would be more satisfying than throwing it. . .