Thursday 23 July 2009

A Special Request or an Ode to Mr. Needles

A friend was asking about the photos of my kitchen the other day, and was having a little trouble seeing the evolution. I promised I would assist.

Before renos begin, the main kitchen. Note dishwasher placement. (highly technical installation. The waterline went through the floor to a set of taps)

Back Hall, pre reno.Toward the dining room at the east end of the house.
The walls are out at the back door end of the room.
Putting in a big window.
Ready to paint.
A finished dining room with a BIG window.

I still enjoy looking at this montage. (I have not seen the kitchen this clean since)

We had a fellow to do the wiring, and we had a guy come in to do the drywall, plastering and ceiling. The cabinet company sent an installer (though Mr. Needles said he would do it if we ever do this again - in another house). And flooring. We had a guy do that so we could qualify for the warranty. Otherwise, every single molecule of work was done by Mr. Needles. (Well I did sweep up)

When you add up the various exterior shots over the years, and consider his recent and masterful concrete wall building, add in a similiar major bathroom renovation, and that he redid the family and laundry area in many and various ways, you get an idea of just how handy a guy Mr. Needles is.

He is like Mikey. He can do everything.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh I love your kitchen! Does Mr Needles want to do mine? My mister iss useless at anything like that, we always have to get a man in!