Tuesday 14 July 2009

Just wandering around the net thinking about knitting

I'm scrolling through things on Ravelry this morning, just for the heck of it, and came across this. Egg Sweater which inspired me to check out some of the knit and crocheted toy things on Ravelry.

Where, naturally, I ran into one of my favourite little things, Elefante, one of the sweetest toys on the net, and then this, Felt a Flock which of course is from Fibre Trends. After getting to Fibre Trends, I got a little lost. At Fibre Trends, you can find all manner of neat little things.

But of course, a visit to the Fibre Trends website, leads to other things. Like Eugen Beugler's marvelous Spring Blossoms Shawl. Can you just feel the rhythm in this lace just looking at it?

And then, whenever you go to the fibre Trends website, you end up at the Evelyn Clark part. Where you find more marvelous things like this and this and this . There are all manner of other lovely things there.

Its hard to escape it. The only reason I would willingly leave this bevy of beautiful lace at this point is that I have finally cast on for the Edmonton Mystery shawl. The yarn is just right, (if I wear it with something black or dark it is going to look stunning) I'm using needles just a little larger than called for and the lace weight yarn I am using is a delicate, dainty, airy soft pink Skacel Merino lace.

Quiet now. There is some intense knitting going on here. I have to catch up before clue 4, which should be out this week.







No comments: