Thursday 7 May 2009

Busy days.

Errands happened in the wee hours this morning, but I did take time out to have a coffee with one of my guys. I really enjoy sitting visiting with them one on one like that.

Now the the yarny bits. I'm going to sit outside and pick a couple of the bags of fleeces, and then I am going to begin the process of the cold water wash. I might do one bag cold water, and the other hot water, just to get to the last bag a little sooner, but I have not yet decided.

I have been debating what I was going to store the fibre in, and where, and today, while gathering stuff for the summer camping season came across some nice muslin ditty bags that ought to work perfectly. I have no muslin or other suitable breathable fibre in my fibre stash, and to buy and then and sew bags, slows the whole process down. All the old pillow cases were cut down and put in the rag bag last year, so these ought to work just fine.

On the knitting front, I have had so little time to knit this week I could cry. I would, except I have been doing bits and pieces. With luck after today, I'll be able to show you what I have percolating on my needles now.

Its not really a new project, but it is a new yarn. Gotta run, groceries are calling my name, and if I want to count today as day one of the cold wash process it has to happen now.



No comments: