Tuesday 14 April 2009

Hmmmm

I woke early this morning. Deep of night to be truthful. I gave up and arose about 4 a.m. Its dark then so I'm not in the habit of looking outside. I came down to my study and sat and knit on socks for a while, and was all ready to post to the blog. It was going to be a great post, a fantastic post about how I love squooshy moshable yarns, the kinds of sock yarns that are just too yummy to ignore. ( I'd never ignore a sock yarn)


And that is when I realized we had a little problem. My satellite internet connection was not working.


Last night it snowed. A little.



Low angle shot taken by guest photgrapher, Mr. Needles.


Then before I left for work, it snowed a little more. And when I was at work it started blowing and blew even this lovely wet heavy sticky snowinto drifts and piles like nobody's business. Spring snows seldom have drifting but this one had power and not a little fury behind it.


By the time I left work, the wind was down dramatically, the sun was out and the big melt was on. Where this morning cars were pushing through 4 inches of slush, this afternoon, the pavement was dry.


Such is spring on the Canadian prairies.

Mr. Needles, who does all our outdoor grilling, shoveled himself a path to the barbeque, and away we go. But I'm going to have to get him to sit a spell. He is clearly losing his mind.


He thinks there are two aliens sitting in our chairs holding hands, but it's obviously Mr. and Mrs. Snowman who have lost their heads sitting in the chairs holding hands.












1 comment:

Sandra said...

Sorry, I'm with Mr. Needles - Aliens. No Doubt.
And I woke at 4:30am this morning, to find we had had a power outage, and my alarm wouldn't have gone off at 5am. So I reset it, and got up anyway. Extra half hour of knitting time. I'm going to feel that tonight, however...