Monday 20 April 2009

Colour

I had to go digging in my stash today. Since I cleaned, organized and moved the furniture around in my study, the last two skeins of Mericash in that rich and glorious purple had vanished. But only into the void that is my stash.

I usually keep things tidy, sock yarn with sock yarn, lace with lace, sweater yarns with sweater yarns, but when my study and my boxes started getting full, it was every skein for himself, and some things got a little out of order.

There was a time when looking at my stash was un-inspiring. Everything felt neutral and if I squinted, it all looked like dishwater. Fine yarns all, but nothing that made your eyes sit up and take notice.

I think I'm over that now.

There are some pretty spring colours,There are some summer working colours, a good sturdy rust mix and a colour mix that just speaks of jeans and gardening.Some brilliant Welsh blues and oranges and everything in between.
There was a whole box that jumped up and looked me right in the eye and said colour, colour, colour.
Eventually, I found the Mericash, under a pile of books that need to be shelved properly, in a box with a bunch of other bright cheerful lace weights.

We still have a fair bit of snow in the yard. The north facing forested hill keeps thing wintry here long after spring is due, but in the mean time, all these brilliant colours are going to keep me chipper.

**yarns are top to bottom, Meilenweit Cotton Fun, Austerman Step, Colinette Jitterbug, and in the first box, left to right, Tanis Farms, Buffalo Gals, Lorna's Laces. Bottom, Nova Sock from Fleece Artist, Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino, Handmaiden Cashmere, Misti Alpaca Sock. In the second box, clockwise from the top, Mericash purple, Knit Picks Shimmer hand dyed, HandMaiden greens and gold Sea Silk, Ella Rae bluegreen Merino Lace.**








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love the colors of the yarns in your photos. GD