Thursday 29 January 2009

Knitting content carries on

Knitting continues apace. I am going to finish the sleeve today, block and assemble. I plan to cast on the hood first thing in the morning, but I don't think that I am going to have the button band and buttons on before SS comes to visit.

Has anyone ever tried the rice bread from the store, the kind with no wheat and therefore gluten content?

We tried some Tuesday, toasted with butter, dipped in a stew. It was unbelievably dry and tasteless. It was like eating fine pea gravel. I *let* son 1 try some, and we started laughing. We decided that rice bread is actually those little concrete ready made sidewalk blocks without the water added so it is lighter weight for shipping.

If I want a good gluten free bread, I think I am going to have to make it myself. Good thing I enjoy bread making.

No comments: