Wednesday 28 January 2009

Extreme cuteness alert.

This lovely green is SS's sweater back on the go. I'm sure I have said before how much I like this yarn. I have waxed on and on about how nice this yarn is, but, I'll say it again. This is really nice yarn. Here is the last sleeve in progress, with the correct amount of increased stitches. The yarn is the now discontinued FilTweed. As I work with this yarn, I ponder how did this nice stuff get set aside?

Why did this nice yarn and a project that was working out very well get set aside?

Parker and FordFinley

And then there is Kylie, whom I can't figure out how to post the picture of but trust me, she is cute.

These 4 babies were all born in a 30 day span from late September to late October to nephews, nieces and children of very close friends. I knew they were coming and yet, I was not prepared. Not with the knitting or crochet, and certainly not for their extreme cuteness. I was felled by the cuteness.

Among all this cuteness, it is hard to focus on anything but babies and easy to leave a perfectly lovely yarn and sweater behind. I was overwhelmed by the urge to knit baby things, then I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of baby knitting I needed to do, then other things got in the way and well here I am, with a bunch of unfinished projects.

These babies will get their due, but first SS's sweater, in a perfectly fine yarn, which is now zooming along, to which I will attend yet a little more this morning before work, to which I will attend at Wednesday knitting, to which I will attend on for the rest of the week.

I am hoping to have the sweater done by Friday, or at least done enough that all that is left is the finishing. The fronts and back are done, and it is only this part sleeve, hood and button band to be done. Wish me luck.

I might just have to start keeping a baby sock or two on hand for the next time I am felled by cuteness.

No comments: