Friday 5 September 2008

More things to think about

A while ago a friend sent me a really great book, Arctic Lace. I made that really nice series of scarves from it.

At the same time she sent some yarn. This is a special yarn, and she knows me well, it is Alpaca. And Silk. I cannot tell a lie, this is, of all the yarns I have the loveliest.If I am in the mood to fondle yarns, this is the one I pick up, and play with. Its vari-coloured heart is going to demand something wonderful. Simple and wonderful.

My search to know lace begins with this yarn.

2 comments:

Karen said...

enjoy your search, it's an amazing feeling exploring something you yearn for.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, dr. I knew you would love the book, and the yarn just looked like you - or more specifically, the trees and lichen and mountains you describe so beautifully. I know you'll make something wonderful with it. Hope you have a great time camping in your beautiful Canada.

mostlylurking