Tuesday 22 July 2008

Too darn hot to knit.

Ever feel like that? That the weather was just plain old too hot and sticky to knit? That all you could really find the energy to do was to sit back and sip a long cool drink of water?

Nah, me either. That does not mean that it was not hot here yesterday but summer heat on this part of the prairie is generally dry heat. Humidity only becomes noticeable as the temperature falls as the sun gets low to the horizon.

We sat outside, till well after 9 p.m. Near the end of the evening, I was wishing that what I was working on for the store was an afghan, or bed blanket, or pretty much anything that was pure wool and really big. As the air cooled, even with a temperature of 28 at 5p.m., by 9:30 we were all crying for warm sweaters. ( and the others went and got some)

My not knitting last evening had nothing to do with weather and sunset. My not needing a sweater had nothing to do with weather. It was all the knitting's fault.

I knit for a couple of hours after coming home, only to find it had gone mobius on me. So I took it apart and reworked it, very carefully making sure that it would not go mobius on me this time. I blinked and it of course, went mobius on me.

Its not like I had a hissy fit, or even a mild temper tantrum. Its not like my behaviour was that of a 4 year old at all. No my behaviour on finding the mobius mojo twice, was to just absolutely drop the beast in disgust and speak to it in carefully couched terms, that were very, very adult. Longshoreman adult, but still very adult.


I was just a little to hot to knit last night.

I'm working the bleeping thing flat this time. Nuff said.

Maybe pictures tomorrow.

No comments: