Monday 21 July 2008

Down to the Wire with the Summer Chevron

I'm down to the wire on my sweater from More Big Girl Knits. The knit fabric is really really pleasing. The sweater seems to fit all right in the crucial areas. Sleeves seem just perfect, not too wide. The underarm insertion has done it job beautifully.


And on to the next. It is going to need a severe blocking to make the pulled in centre of the design, the part where the v goes down the front and back, to make it appear level with the outer edges when wearing it. As you can see here, it seems to like to pull a bit.

The centre stitches are very very firm, and if I was doing this again, I think I would work these centre stitches really really loosely. My hope is that, as everyone says, plant fibres relax, and that this centre part just relaxes right into place.

One thing I am going to do for certain, is to work in a border of seed stitch in the neck line. No doubt about it, it needs a little something. The pattern doesn't add a neck edging, but there is a lot of room in the neck for, well, my neck. It's going to look better on me if there is just a little something crisp anchoring it.

Except for this need for serious blocking, I feel pretty good about the sweater, the gauge, the resizing. I am looking forward to doing up the cardigan interpretation of this design. Or not. I might put that off for a project for later.

I do want to get moving on another sweater project, this time for SS. She is so darn small, it won't take any time at all to work one up for her.

No comments: