Thursday 3 July 2008

Stash enchancement

I picked up a few things at the sale too. I was in the search for sweater quantities, though even the search for that was hard. Choices choices, so many choices. It almost killed me to leave the Lang SilkDream behind. There is enough in stock for even a woman of my size to have a splendidly gorgeously sinfully luxurious summer wardrobe booster. I stayed responsible and did what I came to do.


I picked up more of the Rowan Cotton Jeans that I worked with for the camping hat. I fell hard for it while making the hat, and have been dreaming of something more since then.

I'm hoping to make a cardigan and t shirt type top out of it. 19 balls will do one or the other, but not both, so I am going to mix in some of the marvelous 1824 Cotton. The starting point for the set will be the Summer Chevron Tee from Big Girl Knits. A cardigan will have to mimic the shaping of the front v, but do a more normal back neck thing. I don't see this as a humongous problem. I could be wrong. It could be a huge problem. OK, it will probably be an enormous problem, but I'm silly enough to try it anyway. Being a fearless knitter usually gets me into trouble.

I'd also been looking at the last of the FilTweed that was in the store. 4 skeins of a nice double knitting weight yarn, with a really great feel as you knit with it. This is the same yarn that I picked up for Mr. Needles sweater in green. It's a little hard to see here, but one of the really interesting things about FilTweed is the multi colours of the tweed. It's not that easy to find. Most manufacturers seem to have gone to a single colour tweed effect, or a tone on tone tweed.

Last but not least, is more sweater yarn, for Mr. Needles. Or myself. We'll see how he likes his first sweater. Its a wonderful yarn from Lang, called Zoom. Its a light airy wool, cotton, nylon mix in a lovely soft heathered gray. I didn't want to keep the store ladies waiting so I grabbed two full bags. There is going to be enough for a second project if I add just a little something else with it.

There were a few other bits and pieces in my bag when I got home, a little sock yarn for a pair of stranded work socks from Interweave Crochet, some miscellaneous yarn that was just too good lo leave behind, and a few books. And a beautiful bag. A really beautiful straw bag (on sale for a few weeks more at River City).

I'll get to the books another day.

No comments: