Monday 17 March 2008

Knitting at a slower pace.

For at least this week, I'm going to live at a slower pace. I figure its going to take a little while to feel comfortable thinking like that....

NOT.

The whole weekend was about living slower. It seems all I did was sleep. I snoozed the better part of Saturday away, and though I was awake for a few hours on Sunday, I slept through at least 3 movies, and about half of murder in the morning on Mystery channel. I think my body and brain are trying to catch up on years of being short of sleep. That or now that I don't have to be anywhere, and have no particular responsibilities, I am going to get sicker than a dog. I really really hope its the former.

I tried knitting. I did a lot of knitting now that I think about it, but when I tell you that I started the same project 3 times, you will understand that I was asleep even when I was awake. It was a whole weekend of rip it and do it right. I expect better of me today. I'm working with that gorgeous Rowan Bamboo Tape and let me tell you, what an absolute pleasure to work with.

I finally took some photos of my completed shawl. I'm very pleased and find I'm wearing it every time I sit down. That is exactly what I wanted this shawl to be. A close companion to my day, but one that does not get in the way. I was hoping for one of those shawls that women of old used to tuck into their skirt bands, so it stayed tidily on their shoulders, providing warmth and comfort as they went through their daily chores. It's exactly what this shawl does so very very well. I love how it doubles up at the neck, how it is heavy enough to roll rather than fold at the neck giving double warmth where I most want it.I still have to block it, even though it has been pressed into service. It will bloom a bit, since I worked with the yarn straight off the cone. (I didn't feel it would matter being a shawl) Today is wash and block day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shawl looks even better on than when we just looked at it. Enjoy your first week of the next part of your life. GD

Karen said...

Good luck with tommorrow and every day after that. I love the shawl...be happy