Wednesday 20 February 2008

Wait it's Wednesday

Short weeks are good. Sometimes they are very good. this week, well it remains to be seen. There is a funny balance to walk here as I prepare to leave this job. I need to pass on, to show how and what I do and did, and I need to allow them to find their own way, to not influence the procedures they are going to have to develop to fit some very different circumstances. I was never a neutral sort, so if it sounds if I am slogging through tough stuff, it is true and it isn't. I see light at the end of my tunnel, its just that the tunnel has some curves and nooks and crannies. After all these years, and after working so closely with a bunch of family, leaving is about me learning to let go as much as it is about training someone.



On to better things. When I vistied River City to pick that lovely Noro the other day, I did other stuff as well. You knew this was coming didn't you.
It is time to get a handle on that summer knitting and crochet. Not that I got a handle on my winter knitting, but well, I'd sure like to try for a summer thing or two. Its good to aim high right? And there should be some stuff for light weight stuff in the stash right? ( I've come to believe that rationalising yarn purchasing is my strong suit. If you gotta be good at something...)



I picked up some really fine Cloud Cotton, an organic product from Estelle Yarns, some of which is ranked as Eco friendly. If you get a chance, put your hands on some of this and just see if you can leave its soft and very rich feel behind.

I picked up some other things in the pre yarn stage. I have some plain prepared wool that I am working with for practise, and I really don't want to destroy these lovely things, till I am at the decent beginner yarn stage. I'm just stocking up for later right? Its not a compulsion at all.

And here are the forever green socks. The cuffs are a little shorter than I would like for this guy, but when the yarn is gone , the yarn is gone. His feet need just a bit more yarn and I think when I buy yarn for his socks, I'm going to have to go with brands with more yards in the skien or skeins.

I have very few pay periods left with a budget for building stash, though I learned yesterday I will have be paid a consultant retainer till things are comfortable here with the new team member. This means just a wee bit more stash building.

Which is exactly what I am off to do now.

1 comment:

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

It's great to learn about a new organic yarn, thanks for that! Also, I wanted to let you know, since you asked in my comments, Herringbone Mesh Bolero is sized 32-40" but it's easily customizable to bigger or smaller sizes and I give instructions to do so in the pattern.