Friday 21 September 2007

Flyby blogging

I have 1 task at the office this morning, and then its off to the anniversary celebrations. 6 hours of pure handwork over a road I have traveled many, many, many times in my life.

I WILL get moms sock done even if I have to spend another hour looking at why this sock doesn't seem to measure the same even though when I measure parts they measure the same. I am 6 rows or 2 from the ribbing right now, and both are correct. (Pounding head on keyboard)

There are yarns in the bag for Son3 and his brides socks. There are socks to deliver in the bag. I am packed and ready to go, and yet... I've a hankering to work on the new yarns. I'm expecting to succumb to the Socks that Rock yarn though I dearly wish I could succumb to the Anne. Sadly Anne is a hank, not a skein, and unless I can talk someone into being a swift, it will remain unwound this trip.

Pictures of the new stash, you ask. My bad. I do have pictures. At home. On the camera. 2 days in a row. I plead guilty as charged. I am so scatterbrained this week, I amaze even me. It takes a lot to amaze me about the things I do, but yeah, this is a really bright move.

So I will leave you with pictures of other things. Lovely things. Can I distract us all with that? I know it works for me. Enjoy.
This is a pattern from one of my crochet books, I think this one, which was adapted by me. It is a snowflake pattern but we turned the white to be blue and the blue to be white, and I put long borders of white up the middles of the joined rows. The long stitches are double trebles that go down 2 rows below to be worked around the post and make that very interesting look. If I do this one again, I will join it as I go, and I will also cut the size in half. This blanket must be 8 feet by 4 feet, too big for any human sized being!

Now off I go, into the wild beige knitting yonder.

2 comments:

Gina said...

What another beautiful afghan. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the socks. I held off putting them on until 4 o'clock and then couldn't wait any longer. I can tell why they are the best ones. They fit great, feel great, and don't slouch. Thanks you so much. GD