Friday 15 June 2007

Some days...

Some days you get up and you just feel like staying in bed rather than going to work. Today is sort of like that. I have not touched anything interesting for 3 days and I'm grumpy. Nothing is so awful as when work gets in the way of the really important stuff.

We are going camping this weekend, and my whole weekend is going to be filled with knitting, crocheting, and other assorted projects. Times like this is when the sweaters made from Jane Snedden Peever's books, Crocheted Aran Sweaters, and more Crocheted Aran Sweaters come in very handy. They are heavy and warm and wonderful. My only regret is that they are not lasting well because they are acrylic, and washing them is the ruin of them.

This is some detail from a bright yellow cardigan I made 3 years ago. Its a staple part of my work wardrobe, and now its starting to sag. It is going to need replacing.

I'm working on a sweater with cables up the front - 3 sets of chain 6 cables. At the middle of each cable, the yarn changes colour. The yarn changes mean its a finicky project, but it looks great. I am going to have to get to work on it though to have it ready for winter. Pictures next week after this orgy of socks this weekend.

No comments: