Tuesday 5 June 2007

Just a Quickie Post

There are some days when you feel really good. For me they start with a new battery in my electric toothbrush. I know I should not use it, but I love the way it feels. I'm not fully awake till I've brushed my teeth.

I finished knitted sock one. That is enough to make a day, but then I also began sock 2, and have plans for socks 3 and 4, and maybe even 5.

I have yarn, with no specific task, and it will be socks. there is some Luster Sheen in a brilliant hot pink, which will be striped with pure white. I have enough for 2 sets of those, and I aim to do something fancy down the sides on both. Then there is some Briggs and Little in black that should make a very serviceable pair of socks. This has already been swatched and washed and I am really happy with how it turns out once it washes. It feels a little firm and uncomfortable before you wash it, but once you do, its just wonderful to feel. Its going to make great socks. Short ones, but great ones.

It has also come to my realizatoion that most of this blog is about handwork. Yes its a huge part of my life, and it is much of what i love to do, but lest anyone get the impression that this is all I do, I am going to have to expand my posts to cover the rest of my life. The music I love, the books, the outdoors have all scarcely been touched upon.

So much to do, so little time.