Friday 25 May 2007

Home and Hearth

The other day, Yarn Harlot , was extolling the virtues of biking and knitting round the city. Part of me is sad that I don't get to live that sort of lifestyle, but most of me is not. I get the pleasure of working in the country, a different but equal and special joy.

Every few stitches, I have to stop to breathe deep the smell of the wild roses,


as I sit in the back,




Or on the hill,



I have to stop sometimes and look at the clouds, and dream of all the things I have yet to stitch.



I don't think it matters so much where we live and love to do our knitting, or crocheting or whatever special things we enjoy. What matters is that we stop for just one moment and appreciate that place, that moment, and remember just how lucky we are.

No comments: