Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Joined

I made it. I joined fronts!



It's got a nice wide neck opening so I can make a good warm doubled over collar.  

As I approach the bottom of the sleeve opening, I am thinking a lot about knitting the collar and the sleeves.  Lots of people feel it is easier and that it gives you a better idea about how it will fit. I'm not so sure.  I hate all the end flopping in and out with no place to tuck them and I hate dealing with the bottom stitches on hold.  For me, this is usually an option I don't go for.

Besides, I'm eagerly looking forward to knitting the body in the round.  It's a combination of yarn and needles and just eagerly awaiting brainless knitting.  All of my sweaters are at thinking places, and I just want to get over that.  I feel a bit like a kid stuck in a car, asking are we there yet hoping this will be over soon.

I hope to get to the front and back join today.  That would be the nicest treat for myself.  One more day of a big push to get this fun sweater well on the way to complete.


No comments: