Tuesday, 11 August 2026

The stuff of the day

It's been a lovely weekend.  My kids came to pick cherries and my brother came for a bit of a visit while he does business during the day.  There has been knitting and good company and really that is all I could ever need.

So the knitting...


I finished chair pad 1 and felted it.  When you are felting, it can sometimes be a bit of a crapshoot.  This time it felted up to the perfect size.  I would take a better photo but it is currently in use.  Chair pad 2 is underway, though it was not worked on over the weekend.  



Really liking these colours.  It will be my 'fancy' one.  

I did quite a bit of work on the Kauni sweater too.  



I have one more garter ridge before I go into the next stockinette section.  It is a rich purple and I love it.  It's all starting to look like a sweater and this is the place where I really start looking forward to wearing it.  

With the weekend done, I wanted to get to work on another sweater I have had on the needles for a while.


 This is my Hiraeth sweater.  I am almost at the end of the yoke colourwork.  Then the design moves into a raglan for the rest of the yoke increases.  I am looking forward to seeing how that goes as much as I am looking forward to a finished sweater in this marvelous glowing yellow. 

That it for the moment.  I am almost excited for the stuff of ordinary life today.  I can use the dishwasher again.  It's been 6 weeks and I am almost looking forward to that.  Not really.  It's dishes, my ancient nemesis.  Time for coffee and the stuff of the day.  

No comments: