I know! Not what you expect from a brand new tool. There was a ridge of rough plastic at the centerline of the hook. Under the hook and over the tip were the worst. It was catching on everything. Luckily Keith had some very fine sandpaper and I could deal with the ridge. It is about the same as if I had bought the wood hook. Oh well. It is what it is and the hook works well enough.
I spent the afternoon baking. It's high cherry season and I made a really nice cherry cobbler using an Allrecpies page recipe. Very tasty and just perfect for these cherries. I did not pit the cherries, just used them stone in. They are small this year but plentiful. It was not worth the hassle of dealing with pits. When I was a kid, my mom canned the cherries stone in and they weren't a problem. The cobbler was a winner.
More knitting and crocheting today to be sure, but I really want to get to the sewing room too. It's time to get that in order so winter projects can begin. Failing that, it could be a good day for a stash dive. It's chilly today and it makes me think of all the wonderful yarns I could work with for the fall and winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment