Wednesday 5 June 2024

Here. We. Go.

Wahoo.  I knit yesterday.  Just one row and it felt pretty good.


I am looking forward to this second Tolsta.  I have worn the first one several times already and am looking forward to another.

I took some time to wind up some cotton yarn I picked up on my epic journey several years ago.  


It is all 2/8 coned cotton.  The green, rust and gold were partial cones that Camilla Valley Farms had on sale and I bought the cone of cream after I got home to make a top. Because the colour inspiration comes from a crocheted blanket I made my Grandpa many years ago, I want to do a very similar wave pattern for my top.     


Its all wound up and ready to go.


My current plan is to hold two strands, one from the outside of each ball and one from the inside and to use a basic feather and fan pattern and a very simple shape.  I know I will knit top down and the debate at the moment is do I knit shoulder and neck shaping or do I go boat neck with no real yoke shaping at all.  Either way I am looking forward to it.

So back to some knitting today.  I don't want to over do it so I have lots of other things planned.  My challenge today is to not knit more than is good for me.  Wish me luck.  Knitting's siren song calls hard.

No comments: