Tuesday 7 May 2024

Not peppy this morning.

I worked hard on the little greige striped top yesterday.  I did do a lot of thinking about all the other things on my needles and why on earth I am not knitting on them.  The answer is, most of them are thinking things or are at the thinking stage.  Counting, deciding shaping, and a dozen other details are in the way of free and easy knitting on them and that is why I am knitting on a little uncomplicated raglan top. No matter.  I am still knitting and in the end, that is really all that matters.

The little top is about to be divided for the armholes and then, for a little while the knitting will go fast again.  I am debating knitting the sleeves before finishing the body again.  I really would like to see proposed short sleeves finish off with a greige ribbing.  If I do them first, then I don't have to think about it while I work on the body.  

I am thinking about sewing.  I would love to be finished sewing but even there, I am practising avoidance.  I have my skirt patterns to test and I think I am chicken.  Correct that.  I know I am chicken.  I am not sure what I am chicken about.  Learning that my pattern drafting wasn't as good as it felt like it would be?  Learning that the thinking behind what I did is not perfect for my body?  Learning that I still have to factor in a side closure because I really don't want to sew in zippers?   Worry that I will waste fabric?  It isn't any one thing.  It is all the things.  I just need to push myself to do it.  

In the meantime, I did a bit of baking. 


I love pumpkin pie but I really didn't feel like making a crust.  I did my next favourite thing and just made pumpkin pudding.  I love the spices and the rich taste of it.  I don't even miss the crust.  

Not sure what I will focus my energy on today.  I am not even sure if I really have any energy today.  It is just one of those days.  So be it. I wll focus on the success of my pumpkin pudding. I will knit on little greige tops till I feel peppy.  That greige.  The rose and oranges and golds and greens will be my salvation.    

No comments: