Monday 22 April 2024

Linger and I are getting along quite nicely, though we did not get as far along as we hoped.  Half Fisherman's rib takes a good long time to look like progress. After a good day with heavy fabric, it seemed wise to take it easier.

I picked up socks because I am a bit behind on my loose target of a pair a month.  I wanted to catch up so that I will get a pair done this month.  It was a race weekend so I wanted something easy too.


It was time for a heel flap.  I am knitting the heel flap double stranded and that is part of the trouble with heel flaps.  It is a tightly knit fabric knit with a small needle and my heart wanted something easy and in the round.  I know I have the Musselburgh hat but I did not feel a hat in me right then.  I persevered and before you know it...


Heel!

After that success, I pulled out something I had been thinking about a lot.  It was time to decide exactly how I want the sleeves and where I want the shaping done.


I think I have it.  The markers are placed but it will take a few more rows till I have them just how I want it.  That is what I will focus on today.  

I will knit socks too, just ten rows a day.  Now that the heel is done, it becomes that thing that makes socks so much fun.  It is going to be a good day.

No comments: