Wednesday 27 March 2024

Kids and Socks

The kids are here, the kids are here!  I am so lucky they have parents who let them come to spend time with me.  I am forever grateful.

With the kids here, there isn't space to lay out all my knitting like I usually do.  My sprawl is filled with them and their sprawl so it was a good time to pull out socks.


I found plenty of time to knit here and there through the day.  We baked cupcakes and we talked and watched a murder mystery and just spent time together.  I managed the entire heel  during the day so I feel pretty good about that.

The multi yarn is an Opal yarn, I think one of the Monet colours from their painting inspired colourways and the blue is one of the colours I used for my advent socks.  Using my usual seven and three row colour pattern, just works with this yarn combination.  It takes two colourways that I used in the last few months and makes a completely different adventure.

At the start of the year I didn't really have a plan other than wanting to knit more socks this year. I am aiming for roughly one pair a month, though I really don't need that many.  Another three or so pairs completed and I will have more than I dreamed I would do.  So far, so good.  Three down and a fourth, well under way.

No comments: