Thursday 7 March 2024

And sometimes knitting is a pain

As much as I love knitting, sometimes knitting is a pain.  

Take this sock.  And this sock yarn.


 I love this yarn.  It is Cotton Fun from Meilenweit and has been in my stash forever.  It is a blend of cotton, wool and nylon, now discontinued.  I loved the feel of it in my hands and for high summer makes great socks, warm but not too warm.

As much as I love it, I am having a bugger of a time with the knitting of this yarn.  All the patterns I have tried with it are fine, but become tedious after a very short time and I end up avoiding working on them.  I am finally doing it all properly and yet, I am disliking every second I am working on it.  It might be time to dig into the sock yarn bin and see what more interesting stuff I can find.  Or it might be time to pull out one of the other socks that are already on the needle.  I am not too worried about it though.  I have already completed two pairs of socks since Christmas.  These are going to the bottom of my want to knit pile for a good time out.

Today I am going to knit with joy.  I am almost done section three of the little squares pattern 


and guess what?  I will not run out of yarn.  Not even close.  I have just started the second skein of the cream so there will be lots.  If I run out of anything, it will be the darker colour.  

So back to work on this one.  Hoping to get to the next colour today.

No comments: