Tuesday 16 January 2024

Hard to Resist

This sweater is such fun to knit.  It's the stitch pattern.  Its the stripes.  I do not know which, but it remains entrancing. 


Not too much more after yesterday though.   I got stuck in a question.


 I started working this colour with a full skein and I am now very close to finishing the first partial skein.  I am going to go on to skein three, also a partial ball, but what I am unsure of is if I will knit up this whole third skein.  

The stripes on the original do not look perfectly even.  None of the garments already made in this pattern have all the stripes perfectly even.  It may be a function of the amounts of yarn used and it may be a case where the row gauge of the stitch patterns isn't quite perfectly matched.  All of the sweaters look great.  Should I go for even or should I go for using up all the yarn?  At this moment, I don't know.

I decided to try on this sweater to check for arm depth.  I left it on the needle and guessed. That was unsatisfying and knew I needed to take it off the needle.  I meant to do a proper full try on on my Pesto sweater too. I could not find the yarn that I keep in my WIPs bin for just such a thing. Sigh

I ended up emptying out the WIPs bin to find them, and then thought I may as well vacuum it and then , because the thing was empty and clean, it seemed like the right time to change out the feet of the bin to add just a wee bit more height to it.  That works better the way I use it now.  "If you give a mouse a cookie"... and so on.

That took all afternoon. Manhandling furniture is just not as easy as it used to be.  Still in the end I did find my spare yarns.  


I was happy with a freshly ordered WIPs bin, but I plumb forgot to try on the sweaters.  

My mind went from WIPs bin to playing in the yarn.  Did I just do that?  No matter.  I want to play and play I just might. Of course it is hard to resist the siren call of Lett Lopi and Utikiek.  Very hard.   

Between siren song sweaters or playing in yarn?  Maybe both?

No comments: