Friday 17 November 2023

Mochi and Casper are Done!

Marcus' blanket for Mochi and Casper is done.  The soft brown grey and cream is exactly what Mochi looks like from nose to toes and the ripe wheat yellow and caramel are the colours of much loved Casper's fur. The green is Casper's eyes and


the tiny spot of blue are tiny Mochi's eyes.  



It isn't a lot of blue but Mochi's blue eyes will change colour as he ages and grows.  They were most gloriously blue though.  He is such a pretty kitten and though Casper will never be forgotten by Marcus, he is a pretty good buddy. This is a blanket with colours chosen by Marcus so he could be wrapped in the heart of his much loved pets.  For him it is a blanket of heart and memories and love.  

This is why I love all my kids.  They each have such a special place in my heart.  They question, they ponder about the world and their place in in and are happy to talk about books and things they love and they fill me with love.  I am one lucky grandma. 

I am also a knitter who just finished a big project and doesn't quite know what to pick up now.  I have tons of WIPs so there is lots to choose from but I am not sure I am feeling them.  Maybe socks?  

The biggest problem is that since late June, I have had bag of Bernat blanket all over the place.  At one point there were three of the giant Walmart/Ikea shopping bags filled with them standing in the living room and my room. I have knit seven blankets since June, Six of them with Blanket and one with Bernat Velvet. I have enjoyed it, and am really looking forward to doing Cassie's with yarn chosen by her, in her own inimitable style.

However, I still have a bag of the stuff.  A big bag.  With a lot of yarn.  AND to top it off I have one last Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket on the go sitting by the sofa and I would love to get that done too.  

The Sock Monkey Cabin blanket is using the last parts of what was leftover from knitting that same blanket  six times a few years ago.  I was going to give this one to Amy's sister, if I ever get it done. Part of me wants to take all the leftover Blanket yarn and make a blanket for that same sister's little girl who is is very close to Amy and who just happens to share my birthday.  It would be nice to get it all done and move whatever ends remain off to someone else who can use the yarn.  

And then there is a blanket awaiting me from some blue yarn that Marcus shopped for and that Cassie and he thought would be the best Christmas present for Grandma.  I started and frogged a blanket from it already.  I have a plan for it though and I am really looking forward to it.   That might be my New Year's cast on for 2024.  

So even though I feel like I have finished blankets, there is Cassie's to do as soon as the yarn arrives and The Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket and something using all the Blanket Brights for Jane as well as my own.

I used to think of myself as a sweater knitter.  Maybe I am a blanket knitter in disguise.   

No comments: