Wednesday 15 November 2023

Blanket, Unassembled.

This is what most of a blanket looks like before it is assembled.  


I still have a few green squares to make


and then it will be time to decide if I make even smaller squares or do I  stay with this same size square. 


I have all sorts of yarn remaining, so I can do either, but I really want to add a bit more of the yellow and caramel.  That tiny bit in the bag is all that remains so if I want to use those colours, it has to be small squares. 

The advantage of even smaller squares is that tiny squares of the caramel and the yellow will help spread around the Casper colours.  It will make the Casper squares look less like outliers and the whole blanket more cohesive.  Plus the small squares are wonderfully fast to make.  The disadvantage is the sewing.  Smaller squares means much, much more sewing.  Its a toss up but I have a feeling that I am going to end up going with smaller squares, just to help get those last bits of yellow and caramel into the blanket. 

I ought to be able to finish the rest of the squares today and then it is going to be a few days of intense sewing.  I may get a bit of a break after that till I do Cassie's blanket.  Cassie and I ordered it straight from the Yarnspirations website just last week.  She had a very particular colour selection in mind after seeing the yarn in stores on her shopping expeditions with Mom and Babusya.  Sometimes it is fast shipping and sometimes, it isn't.  Time will tell but I really hope that it comes quickly. Cassie and I also picked out the pattern for her blanket, and I am really looking forward to getting it going. I have loved making these blankets for all my kiddo's but it will be nice to be done.

No comments: