Tuesday 31 October 2023

On Socks and Heels

Yesterday morning, the sock looked like this.


Now it looks like this 


and sock two looks like the first photo.

I rather like the way the colours on the heel worked out and I am really looking forward to wearing a new pair of socks. 

Once in a while, I ponder not being able to knit and make my own socks to wear.  I might worry about it but I decided to lay out a plan of action for that day.  Then I don't have to worry about it. It's a long way from happening but still. I have also decided that I am going to do a better job making socks for myself next year.  In the last two years there have been lots of starts but very very few sock finishes. The sock drawer is being decimated by time and daily wear.     

It may be time to pull out all the sock books and wander through them for a few hours.  Looking at all the inspiring designs moves me to knit socks, even if all I usually knit are plain vanilla socks.  There are a few designs out there that I really enjoy:  Monkey Socks by Cookie A , Spring Forward by Linda Welch, the Broken Seed Stitch Socks by  Hanna Levaniemi, the Brussels Lace Socks by Stephanie Van Der Linden .  These are all patterns I really enjoyed.  There are a few more patterns out there that I would love to knit too and with the different things I have on my needles, I guess I have options.  Looking at my books inspires and reminds me that socks can be a thing of pure play. Now I just need to make time to do it.

I never did get around to doing any other knitting.  That is the way the world works sometimes.  You can plan all you like but things just do not fall into place.  It is fine with me. I don't really do deadlines except Christmas and that is not for a while yet. 

No comments: