Monday 16 October 2023

I Made This.

Some days the sweaters I wear affect the whole day.

Today I am wearing my version of Threipmuir.  


I love the pattern.  I love the colours but most of all, I love the feel of the yarn.  It is the wonder of Briggs and Little Sport.

When I wear this sweater, I often find myself running my hands over the fabric just for the luscious feel of it.  It is just one of the nicest things.  

I know that most people love the soft smoothness of worsted yarns but not me.  I am fascinated with the way the strands of the yarn might seem a bit too rustic, a bit scratchy, but when you put it all together, the fabric you get is something else.  Some yarns might feel as delicate as angels wings, but to Briggs and Little Sport, there is a realness, a hard worn, hard earned feel to it.  It feels like you did a thing and survived all the storms.  You relish the feeling of personal victory. You made this.  

That is how my favourite knits make me feel.  I made this and I feel so very satisfied with life when I wear it.


No comments: