Monday 23 October 2023

Good Things

I had a wonderful weekend.  It is always great when you can just knit.  I didn't even mind sewing together of the squares. (Not that I ever really do)  String things are always good.

Carter's blanket in now four large squares that look like this one.



After sewing together the squares, I wove in the ends. It's a lot of ends, and I wouldn't have to do it now, but the border will be much easier to work without ends hanging all over the place.  Two pieces to go and that will be part of my day today.  


It's a rather tidy pile of blanket parts, isn't it.


There was also a lot of knitting on other things.

This is Carter's surprise blanket.  


When you look online at projects in this yarn, I found people talking about the yarns propensity to work its way out to form little wormy loops of loose yarn.  It is the nature of this yarn.  It is just so soft and slippery that it is going to happen.  The row with increases and decreases is loopy and loose but it will be okay.  I give it a bit of a tug in all directions, and it settles down well enough.     

Now that I have some of the blanket knit, I am very happy to tell you that my six balls of yarn are going to be plenty for a nice sized blanket.  


I am still on the first ball of the grey and there is lots left for the next section of grey.  My worry now is did I make it wide enough?  I am going to put it on a longer needle to find that out this morning.  I might cry if I have to pull this apart and start over. 

I am having a lot of fun making these blankets for my grandkids.  Its just a pleasure to make stuff for my little and alarmingly not so little anymore grandkids (Isaac is getting very tall!) Its fun, but I am looking forward to working with wool again.  And sweaters. And socks.  And colours and so much more.       

No comments: