Thursday 12 October 2023

All gone.

I came across some interesting stuff yesterday about Pitcairn Island bark cloth.  Enjoy.


It is so interesting and the textural element of this type of work is fascinating.

I knit a lot yesterday though less than the day before.  My hands may object to the number of hours of work after all.  But all is good.  I listened.

I decided to dig in my yarns that are not in the yarn closet.


  This stack of stuff.  I don't really remember what is in there anymore and you know what?  Whatever it is, I am not sure I really need to keep it anymore.  It was time for a good dig simply for moth prevention anyway.  


There were two of these cube boxes that had leftover yarn in.  Both looked like this,  just amorphous bags of bits and pieces.  Whatever was in there, it seemed like a good idea to dig through and tidy things up.


All sorts of things. There were some really lovely yarns.   I knew I should be using them.  I was feeling a bit guilty that I wasn't but other than a hat for me, I am not really planning on knitting small things this winter. Or next. So many people are making scrap blankets and there are some really gorgeous ones out there.  I am too, but I am only using sock yarns and my project is pin loom woven and that is enough. With all the sweaters I want to knit, I don't really want to take the time to work with scraps just because others are.  I would but there just are not enough hours.  

I decided to put it up for adoption.  The Buy/Sell group from my small town is always active so I put it up there and it wasn't on for more than ten minutes before I had an adopter who was very, very interested.  I added a few more things to the boxes I gave her not shown here.  It just felt right.

It was all such lovely yarn with so many memories tied to it.  BUT I was never going to find time to knit it all even if I really wanted to.  The fact of it is that even if I knit small things in the foreseeable future, there is all sorts of other yarns to make them with right here in my stash.  

The yarn left this morning, and I feel pretty good.  It made me very aware that it is time to go through and see if some of the other leftovers in that hid in the corners of my stash are things I really wan to work with.  Stash dive, as soon as I finish a blanket.

No comments: