Thursday 27 July 2023

A River of Beauty

I worked on my oh so beautiful River Elton sweater yesterday.  All I can say is O.M.G. This is going to be such a stunning sweater and I cannot wait to wear it.

I got to the point where I finished the last of the mohair stripes and have this much left of the giant skein of Fleece Artist Zambezi.  


This was such a wonderful thing to knit with.


I am at the end of the sleeve cuff and all I need to do is to bind off the folded hem.


This is everything that is left of the second skein of  Adam and Eve in the delicious River colourway.  I still have the front buttonband and the neckband left to knit so I will likely have to break into ball three but considering that I started with five skeins of yarn, I am not worried.   

In fact, even without weighing the yarns remaining in the skein of Zambezi, I am pretty certain that I could make a sweater for Luda very similar to this one. There appears to be at least a third of the Zambezi left and with three skeins of Adam and Eve remaining, a striped sweater is surely possible. The design is not her style though, so I will put my knitting  time for her into the lovely Silver Adam and Eve I have for a sweater in a style she likes, knit together with a simple white mohair.  

I have a bit more work left on the River Elton sweater though.  I am probably going to redo the hem.  There are parts of the hem that are a bit wonky.  As I bound off, I must have picked up wrong stitches and in a certain section, the rib pulls sideways. I might let something like that go on occasion and just wear it as is, but this thing is just too pretty not to have it be right in every way.  

No comments: