Thursday 22 June 2023

This Weeks Mantra

It was a splendid day.  The weather was perfect for sitting outside and doing something and that is exactly what I did.

First thing in the morning I cut out a dress, my now standard hack of the Ashton Top from Helen's Closet, from the lovely sea green linen I had on hand.  


Like a lot of greens, it looks rather dim and grey but honestly it is just my sort of colour.  I have always loved the greyed down tones that seem to be all over the place (well, at least at my fabric store) these days.  I can't wait to see the next batch of linen.  

As you can see, I got the dress sewn and the bias tape ready to go, so all that is needed is to attach the bias tape and finish that and to hem the dress.  That will be tomorrows work.

Then I took Marcus' sweater outside and I sewed up the side seams.  I had thought about weaving in ends, but it was much too nice a day for that.  I got another project and just knit away.  

The other project was my Fleece Artist 2/8 BFL Elton sweater.  I knit for quite a while outside before I had to go in to get out of the sun.  (Sun can react with one of my meds so I cannot ever be out for too long).  It was lovely to be out but even more lovely, My Elton is long enough that it is ready for the bottom ribbing.  Or at least I think it is.  I measured just before coming to my room for the night and I thought it said 15 inches.  I need to put a couple rows of the plain green on, and the ribbing which ought to make it the perfect length.  After that, sleeves and button bands and we are ready to wear it!

If I am not mistaken, the Blue River Adam and Eve Elton is almost at the same point.  Or maybe just past it.  I will check into that tomorrow.  But mostly, I will finish the dress, work on the Green Elton and finish Marcus sweater.  

Finishing is my mantra this week.  

No comments: